Pages

Eliza Lynn Taylor

Eliza Lynn Taylor
Eliza Lynn Taylor Freelance Writer

Monday, November 14, 2011

Tupperware

Few things last in life, especially made of plastic. I have some Tupperware that I have had for years. We have a set of lidded bowls- kind of squarish round, if you can picture that- that the lids have started cracking when I try to 'burp' the bowl. Two of them have the cracks now and I kept using them as long as what went in them wasn't something that would smell up the refrigerator. Finally the medium bowl burp its last burp. It cracked all the way to the center and then the center fell out. Shoot! It was the one I used the most. I had to send it to the recycle bin. My husband says it's a shame because they are only a couple years old and I had to remind him that my mother gave them to us for Christmas when we still lived in Florida in either 1983 or 1984. The cake plate,  which holds a three layer cake, is still in great shape. "Well," he says smiling, "Next time tell her to get something that will last a while." I had to laugh. "Okay, I'll let her know."

As I said, few things last - but my Tupperware brand containers seem to be doing just that. I have canisters that are even older, they were his before we got married in 1981 and they still work like new. I guess we've gotten our money's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment