Pages

Eliza Lynn Taylor

Eliza Lynn Taylor
Eliza Lynn Taylor Freelance Writer

Sunday, November 27, 2011

New Short Stories Published

I write on occasion for Associated Content which is part of the Yahoo! Contributor's Network. They have 'calls for content' and since I have written fiction for them before, they usually have a 'call' for a few short stories. One was for a holiday story and another was for a story based on an image - any image as long as I had permission to use it.

The first one is called Christmas Surprise. Six-year-old Carrie is getting a surprise for Christmas. At 651 words, it won't take long to read, but just a warning to you softies out there, keep a tissue handy. It can be found at http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/9185813/christmas_surprise.html.

The other one is based on a beautiful picture I found at FreeDigitalPhotos.net of a winter sunset. Usually I hate snow and wintertime but this was a beautiful photograph, something akin to what I have seen around here on the few times I forgot how bad I hate the cold and wintertime. The photograph is included with the story. Barbara has a choice to make and she often talked through her important choices with her late husband by taking a walk and talking it out. The story is called Difficult Decisions (500 words) and can be found at http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/9186771/difficult_decisions.html


I find these types of assignments to be fun and challenging. Sometimes I get to write in my normal genre, but it never hurts to stretch one's literary muscles and work in different areas. I still like to do articles, but fiction is where the fun is. I hope you enjoy these two stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment