Pages

Eliza Lynn Taylor

Eliza Lynn Taylor
Eliza Lynn Taylor Freelance Writer

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Trying to Legalize the Fashion Police

I was perusing the internet news sites and on HLNTV.com I saw a story about Cabbo County Louisiana Commissioner Michael Williams who wants to pass a ban on the wearing of pajamas out in public, in other words outside of their homes. He had gone to a large store and saw many males running around in pajama bottoms without anything under them and was afraid their private parts would end up on display. (Don’t know how he knew they were wearing them commando style and I don’t want to!) The ACLU of course is getting involved stating that this ban would be unconstitutional as it would stop one's right to self-expression. I had to laugh. The only messages I have ever figured out one would be stating by wearing their pajamas to town is “I’m too lazy to get dressed in real clothes,” or, “I’m really too lazy (or too good) to do laundry, therefore I wear my pajamas.” They can say they’re comfortable all they want, but I fail to see how stares and heads shaking in disgust at the laziness makes one comfortable- I’ve heard the comments so this isn’t a guess. Both genders practice this degree of laziness by the way. 
                                                                              
Williams went further to ask what was next, wearing one’s underwear (with nothing covering it)? Has he seen the see-through garments women wear in the name of fashion? They might as well be wearing just their underwear. I don’t see him putting a ban on that. 

Face it; there are a lot of people out there who really are just too lazy to care if they look stupid. You can’t legislate common sense Mr. Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment